The Strategy Experience
Lecture almost 8
GLOBAL ADVERTISING & MARKETING
The Approach Experience
• You will become a main Plank Director in the WRSX Group, a (fictional) global advertising and marketing communications
• Your responsibility is to make long lasting, strategic decisions in order to deal with the growth and prosperity of
this large, multi-national organisation.
• Performance will be tested in the two financial and non-financial terms but finally on how decisions influence the share selling price of the business.
The Approach Experience
Certain skills and competency development will include:
• Evaluating corporate and business, business and operational approaches • The expansion and research of competitive strategies and revision of strategies
• Management and organisation of teams, sharing of jobs,
responsibilities and workload
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Risk assessment and risk mitigation
• Balancing financial and non-financial performance indicators • Capacity to reflect on experience and apply learning in other contexts
• Phase One: Tactical Position
• Phase Two: Strategic Choices
• Stage Three: Approach in Action
Stage One: Proper Position
Produce a 2-3 page summary of:
• The planet: macro level and market level
• Strategic capacities: internal research of WRSX
• Ideal purpose: precisely what is the group trying to accomplish?
• Culture and approach: how does WRSX work (or doesn't)? To be completed by: Friday on the lookout for January 2015
Phase One: Strategic Placement
• Environmental surroundings: macro and industry
– Socio-cultural, personal, economic, technology
– Effect on client base, position, requirements
– Structure & size of competition
• Strategic capabilities: inside analysis of WRSX
– Past success and failures?
– Assets and competences?
– Leadership & supervision?
• Strategic purpose: what is the group trying to achieve?
– Juliette Waldron addresses this. How realistic? What is the external perspective?
• Culture and strategy: how exactly does WRSX function (or doesn't)? – A unified group or a federation of agencies?
– Should the Group end up being centralised or perhaps decentralised? How could this be performed?
Phase Two: Strategic Choices
Develop a 2 - 3 page brief summary of:
• The tactical choices for progress available to WRSX
Methods: organic, M& A, forces
Business & Corporate Approach
To be finished by: Thursday 9 January 2015
Period Two: Strategic Choices
The strategic options for growth offered to WRSX
– Services: Specialized or wide based provider of built-in solutions?
– Markets: Goal specific companies? Seek geographic growth?
– organic, M& A, forces? How features past achievement been achieved?
• Business & Corporate and business Strategy:
– Address facets of ‘broad sixth is v niche'; talk about role of the board (parent) and romance between business units
• Intercontinental growth:
– Relevance? Exactly where? How to obtain?
Phase 3: Strategy for action
The Plank Meetings
• Objective: maximise shareholder value by making a
series of proper decisions in Board level
• Six board meetings over a period of five weeks
• Each signifies six months
Monday doze January 2015
Complete by simply: Friday twenty February 2015
2-3 web page summaries:
– The opening strategic location and
– The ideal options for WRSX
• Support papers available on StudySpace and ‘The
• Multiple choice questions (on TSE) will also direct you
• These will be the reference point for your making decisions in the Table Meetings during Phase Three
• They will be essential bout in your individual report
– Complete by simply Friday being unfaithful January 2015
• access to ‘MyStrategyLab'
– By way of StudySpace
• to be in a team
– Ideally four – 8 adults
– This kind of maybe based upon your project teams
– transfers can be...
Running mind: EFFECTIVE METHODS IN LEADERSHIP MANAGEMENT: Effective Approaches in Leadership Administration: Nursing Lack and Health professional Turn-Over Grand Canyon University Nursing and Leadership Administration…...
| |Introduction from the organization IDENTITY: Chemi & Cotex Companies Ltd. " BETTER PRODUCTS FOR BETTER LIVING” Chemi & Cotex Industries Ltd. a company established in…...
Name: Hafizah Binti Dun Matric No: 816542 Subject: BKBM5013 Management Accounting for Managers – Task 1 (26th Sept 2014) (1) The manager from the local take out outlet…...